Following is a checklist of essential steps needed to receive and maintain your financial aid:
- Stay in touch: Keep your name, address, and telephone number current with the Financial Aid Office throughout the year.
- Verify FAFSA Information: The Federal processor determines who is selected for verification of FAFSA information. If the Student Aid Report (SAR) messages indicate you will need to provide additional documentation, you will need to submit the 2013-2014 Verification Worksheet and your 2012 Tax Transcript and W2s. Transcripts can be requested at 1 800-829-1040 or on the IRS website.
- Accept the financial aid package: Accept award via Financial Aid System Online by the designated deadline. You may choose to accept all or part of the aid offered to you.
- Complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling online: First time borrowers at the Mailman School must participate in a loan entrance session.
- Private Awards: Please notify the Office of Financial Aid if you will be receiving Scholarships, grants or tuition remission from a source outside of the Mailman School of Public Health.
- Maintain full-time status: Any reduction in credits must be reported to the Office of Financial Aid immediately and may affect your eligibility for financial aid. Assistance is not available if you are enrolled less than half-time.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress: Students are required to make satisfactory academic progress toward their degree in order to maintain eligibility for federal loan and works study programs. Satisfactory academic progress contains a qualitative, as well as a quantitative standard of performance.