A limited number of applicants may be granted admission as special (non-degree) students, to take courses earning academic credit. Appropriate candidates for non-degree status would include fellows in clinical departments in the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, or graduates of our degree programs seeking selected additional courses.
Non-degree applicants should note:
- No more than 12 points may be taken in non-degree status.
- Non-Degree admission does not guarantee admission as a degree student.
- You cannot submit both a degree application and non-degree application for the same entry term.
- Financial aid and housing are not available to non-degree students.
- Not all programs or courses are available to students with non-degree status, i.e. core classes. Please visit our schedule of classes for more information.
- Acceptance as a special/non-degree student is dependent on space availability.
For those interested in taking one or two courses for professional development purposes, etc. please contact the Admissions Office via telephone or email. An admissions representative will provide you with information on how to apply for special/non-degree status. Please know that special/non-degree applicants must submit the following documentation with their application:
- two letters of recommendation
- official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- a current résumé or CV
- a 500 word personal statement which specifies the course(s) you are interested in taking and why
Applicant Deadline Dates:
- Fall - July 15th
- Spring - October 15th